Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Grasshoppers

I have never seen as many grasshoppers in one place as I have seen at the deer lease in Young County, Texas.  When you walk through the grass/weeds, dozens of them hop along in front of you with each step.  It is kind of fun to watch.  I don't mind them landing on my clothes, but when they land on my skin it still creeps me out just a little bit.

When you drive through, the same thing happens but on a larger scale.  Many of them
jump up on the jeep for a ride and some come in the windows.  This past weekend, one jumped in the window and went down my shirt.  I could feel him in there jumping off my back and hitting my shirt over and over.  I jumped out of the jeep and had to take my shirt off to set him free and get him off of me. That's about when I decided I was ready to call it a weekend and go back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment