Monday, July 7, 2014

Intoduction

Having grown up in the city, I never learned to hunt, fish, or live off the land.  This year, at 44, I got remarried and my husband is an avid hunter.  In an effort to be closer to him, and spend time together, I began going hunting with him and have learned to shoot, mostly at targets.  I enjoy being in the country on the weekends, but usually after a couple of days I am ready to be back at home with the luxury of running water and central heat and air.  I like to take pictures while we are there.  Sometimes we just sit at the top of the hill and enjoy the quiet, the beautiful scenery, and the breeze.  It is a much better, and healthier escape than drugs, alcohol, or going to night clubs! Some of our best conversations have been on top of that hill.  We are two very different people, but being out there together gives us a common ground.  Slowly, I have come to think of myself as a weekend country girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment